For most people today, staying fit and healthy is not enough without flat or defined abs. And don’t ever think that by depriving yourself from food helps you achieve such. How to get a flat stomach or tight abs is the question most fitness trainers hear and to have this requires work.
Here are some that most fitness experts recommend. For beginners, start these exercises at least once a week. Afterwards, these should be done two to three times weekly, between 30-90 seconds and should be no more than 15-20 repetitions.
- Lie flat on the floor.
- Position your knees at an angle of 90 degrees.
- Place your feet few inches off the floor.
- Hold legs together.
- Place hands on your side or behind your ears.
- Lift hips up and in towards rib case. Focus on tightening your abdomen when doing this.
- When contracting the abdomen, exhale. When returning to the starting position, inhale.
Bent Elbow Plank
- Lie with your belly facing the floor.
- Lift the body up onto your toes and forearm
- Line your elbows with your shoulders while shrinking the abdominal.
- Keep your back in neutral position.
- Be still with that position for 5 seconds as a start, then rest and repeat.
- Later on, hold that position for 90 seconds without taking any rest.
- Lie on your back.
- Bent hips and knees at about an angle of 90 degrees.
- Curl your chest over the ribs while your hands placed behind your head.
- Extend left leg while bringing the right knee in towards the chest and rotate the left shoulder towards the right knee. Do it again with the opposite orientation. Change left to right and right to left. It’s like bicycling without a bike.
- Avoid the arm from crossing the face.
- Rotate from the trunk through the center to the other side without dropping the chest.
Doing these exercises requires you much caution. Improper execution will lead to some serious injuries in the back, neck and spinal region.
Recommended reading for you: Check out our review on Bowflex Series 7 if you want to integrate exercises with a fitness equipment… Click here to read!